10 Tips to Remember Dreams
1. Keep your dream diary next to your bed, so you can reach it easily.
2. Before you go to sleep, spend a few minutes thinking about the important things that happened during the day.
3. Say to yourself, "I will remember my dream when I wake up." Repeat this a few times.
4. Imagine yourself waking up and remembering your dream.
5. When you first wake up, don't get out of bed right away. Lie with your eyes closed for a few minutes. Try to remember what you dreamed about.
6. If you have trouble remembering your dreams, try setting your alarm clock 10 minutes earlier than usual. You might "interrupt" your last dream.
7. Write down what you remember as soon as you can. Don't worry about sounding good or making sense.
8. Don't worry about remembering the dream in order. If you just remember the end, write that down. The rest of the dream may come to you as you make notes.
9. Carry your dream diary with you. If you remember things throughout the day, add them to your notes.
10. Don't worry if you can't remember your dreams at first! Instead, make notes about dreams that you have had in the past. Or, interview a family member about a dream he or she remembers.